Stroock Represents Mack in Luxury Urban Mixed-Use Resort in Downtown Boca Raton, FL
In a major financing transaction for South Florida’s luxury real estate market, Stroock has represented Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies in its $318 million financing for the construction and recapitalization of Via Mizner, a 2-million-square-foot luxury mixed-use development in downtown Boca Raton.
The plans for the Via Mizner development include:
- the Residences at Mandarin Oriental, a 104-unit luxury condominium
- the Mandarin Oriental Hotel & Resort, a 164-key luxury hotel that will feature two rooftop pools, holistic spa services, an athletic club and dining venues
- 101 Via Mizner, a 366-unit luxury apartment building
- the Shoppes at Via Mizner, which will include 60,000 square feet of retail space
- Via Mizner Golf & City Club that includes a brand new golf course designed by legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus, as well as tennis courts, a fitness center, a resort-style pool, a children’s playground and dining services
The apartment building is completed and the remainder of the project is scheduled for completion in 2020.
Founded in 2014, Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies is a real estate investment firm focusing primarily on mezzanine, preferred equity, and first mortgage loans for properties.
Stroock’s more than 80-member national real estate practice, led by Jeff Keitelman and Brian Diamond, has advised on structuring investment and financing transactions that have reshaped the nation’s metropolitan areas. Among recent client matters bearing Stroock’s national fingerprints are the recapitalization and financing of 10 Hudson Yards, one of the largest real estate transactions in NYC; the redevelopment of the former Washington Post site, in the center of the nation’s capital; the sale of 1285 Avenue of the Americas, one of the largest sales of 2016; the acquisition of South Florida Logistics Center, one of the area’s largest industrial deals in South Florida; and Kips Bay Court, one of the largest NYC multifamily transactions.
Stroock provides strategic transactional, regulatory and litigation advice to advance the business objectives of leading financial institutions, multinational corporations and entrepreneurial businesses in the U.S. and globally. With a rich history dating back 140 years, the firm has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Washington, DC. For more, visit www.stroock.com.