Vice Cream™ is proud to announce today that it has expanded its distribution to all 1,152 Publix Super Markets throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. This huge expansion for the Boston-based premium ice cream brand comes on the heels of their recent expansion to all 230 Harris Teeter stores as well.
Vice Cream can now be found in over 2,500 stores in the Northeast, mid-Atlantic and South since the company was founded just over a year ago in June 2016 after Founder Dan Schorr won a battle with cancer - an aggressive form of lymphoma. That battle led Dan to the decision to not just live life, but indulge in it, and Vice Cream was created.
Five of Vice Cream’s eight flavors are now available to Publix shoppers, including one of the three newly launched flavors, Toffee Wife, as well as original creations Afternoon Delight, Higher Grounds, Breakfast in Bed and Choc of Shame. Vice Cream is sold by the pint at $5.39 (MSRP).
Details about the delicious Vice Cream flavors now available at Publix:
· Toffee Wife, which launched earlier this year, features rich peanut butter ice cream mixed with chopped toffee bars, peanut butter cookie dough and a toffee ripple.
· Afternoon Delight features ultra-creamy vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough, salted caramel truffles and thick swirls of chocolate fudge and caramel.
· Higher Grounds is dark roast coffee ice cream, interlaced with swirls of mocha fudge, crunchy chocolate cookie crumbles and pillows of sweet espresso.
· Breakfast in Bed wants you to say good morning to sweet maple ice cream with generous chunks of sticky bun dough, pecan praline and just a touch of cream cheese. Just try to not get any on the sheets.
· Choc of Shame is rich chocolate ice cream with mouthfuls of chewy brownie dough generously flecked with dark chocolate shavings. It’s really more a chocolate stride of pride, but that name wouldn’t fit on the container.
“Our entire Vice Cream team is proud of the tremendous growth we’ve experienced as a company over the last 15 months,” said Dan Schorr, founder and CIO (Chief Ice Cream Officer) of Vice Cream. “Publix is one of the largest and most beloved grocery store brands in America and seeing our unapologetic ice cream on the shelves there is a thrill. Shoppers in Florida and the South now get to ‘live life, dig in’ with Vice Cream!”
Look out for the “Nice Vice” program, which aims to bring smiles to cancer patients and their families by supporting various cancer charities and hospitals nationwide, and some fun events in Florida and Atlanta to celebrate the company’s launch at Publix.
About Vice Cream
Vice Cream is all about unapologetic indulgence with their eight super premium flavors and tagline “Live Life, Dig In.” When Vice Cream Founder Dan Schorr was in college, he paid for school by driving a Good Humor ice cream truck during the summer. It was during those hot summer months that he saw first-hand the joy ice cream could bring people. Years later in 2015, life threw Dan a curveball when doctors told him he had cancer – an aggressive form of lymphoma. After undergoing treatment that included chemotherapy at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Dan beat the disease and made a decision to not just live life, but indulge in it, which led him to create Vice Cream in Boston. To Dan, ice cream is, and always should be, about unapologetic indulgence.
Through the “Nice Vice” program, Vice Cream aims to bring smiles to cancer patients and their families by supporting various cancer charities nationwide, and events like the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl, Pan-Mass Challenge and sampling Vice Cream at hospitals. Find Vice Cream by the pint at Publix in the South, Harris Teeter in the mid-Atlantic and South, and at Ahold, Key Foods, Food Emporium, Shaw’s, Roche Brothers, Star Market, Stop & Shop and Big Y in the Northeast. For more information, please visit www.eatvicecream.com or follow the company @eatvicecream.