Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, one of Florida’s largest homeowners’ insurance companies, is working diligently to address insurance claims resulting from Hurricane Irma. Policyholders who have experienced storm-related damage should contact Florida Peninsula right away at 866-549-9672 or www.floridapeninsula.com/
Florida Peninsula recommends homeowners with storm damage contact their insurance company firstin order to receive prompt resolution of their claim by arranging to have an insurance adjuster inspect and document their damage. The adjuster can also help bring in the necessary resources to make needed repairs and ensure the continued safety and well-being of families and property.
Florida Peninsula will be participating in the Florida Department of Finance Insurance Villages to better serve its customers. The schedule for the villages is:
- Monday, Sept. 18, St. Augustine: St. Johns County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, Jacksonville: Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, 1000 Water St.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, Naples: New Hope Ministries, 7675 Davis Blvd.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, Lehigh Acres: Lee County Veterans Park Recreation Center, 55 Homestead Road South
Additional government agencies and not-for-profits will also be participating.
Florida Peninsula is here to help all customers recover quickly from hurricane Irma. Storm victims should be wary of any third party (contractor, public adjuster or even an attorney) with contracts in hand promising to make repairs or represent your interest. We urge homeowners to first speak to their insurance company or trusted insurance agent.
As Floridians begin the rebuilding process, Florida Peninsula offers the following safety tips and information:
- Avoid downed power lines, sharp objects, and dangerous debris. They are the most common culprits for injury.
- Prior to cleanup, take photos or video of damages to expedite the claims process. Please notify Florida Peninsula of damage as soon as possible by calling 866-549-9672.
- If safe to do so, make temporary repairs to your home to prevent further damage.
- When beginning the cleanup process, practice caution, and wear protective clothing, gloves and eye wear.
- For those who still have no power, carbon monoxide poisoning from generators poses a severe danger after the storm. Be sure portable generators are kept outside, at least 20 feet away from doors and windows.
- Avoid using candles, lighters, or matches. Open flames could ignite if there is a gas or propane leak. Use flashlights and battery-operated light sources instead.
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, our number one priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers. The company provides homeowners with coverage-rich policies, as well as offering flood protection and partnering with independent agents throughout the state who can ensure policyholders have the coverage they need. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please call (877) 229-2244 or visit www.floridapeninsula.com.
ABOUT FLORIDA PENINSULA INSURANCE COMPANY
Founded by a team of veteran insurance professionals, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida’s top 10 largest companies offering multi-peril homeowners and flood insurance. The company insures more than 135,000 homes, condo and apartment units located throughout the state. Florida Peninsula markets through a network of 2,500 independent insurance agents. Our aim is to combine the latest technology with old-fashioned courtesy and customer service, providing efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind protection for our policyholders. Florida Peninsula was first issued a Certificate of Authority to do business in April 2005 by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. The company has maintained a Financial Stability Rating® of A-Exceptional from Demotech. For more information or to get a comparison quote, please call (877) 229-2244 or visit www.floridapeninsula.com.