Collection to Deliver Much-Needed Supplies to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Keys Area Affected by Hurricane Irma
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade is spearheading Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade Club-to-Club Florida Keys Relief to collect critical supplies to deliver to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Keys Area, Inc. that were devastated by Hurricane Irma.
The two Clubs in the Keys affected by Hurricane Irma are the Southernmost Boys & Girls Club in Key West and Big Pine Key Boys & Girls Club. Both are desperately in need of essential supplies for the children and teens who attend these clubs.
All five Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade locations are accepting items starting Monday, September 18, 2017 through Friday, October 13, 2017. The locations are as follows.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Hank Kline Club at 2805 SW 32nd Ave., Miami, FL 33133.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Kendall Club at 9475 N Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33176.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Northwest Club at 10915 NW 14th Ave., Miami, FL 33167.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, South Beach Club at 1200 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Gwen Cherry Club at 7090 NW 22 Ave., Miami, FL 33147.
Aiding in the relief efforts to collect much-needed supplies as well as providing drop zones are:
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) at 1103 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132.
- Alorè Event Firm at 16581 SW 117th Ave., Miami, FL 33177.
- Durée & Company at 10620 Griffin Road, Suite 208, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328.
The collection will run through Friday, October 13, 2017 and the supplies will then be driven down to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Keys Area’s two Clubs.
“Our sister Boys & Girls Clubs organization in the Keys did not fare very well through Hurricane Irma,” said Alex Rodriguez-Roig, president of Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade. “We do not have an assessment of the damage at this time, but we do know many children and families of the two Clubs in Key West and Big Pine Key did not evacuate. They are in dire need of basic items such as food, water, hygiene products and clothing, which is why we have launched this collection to help those Boys & Girls Clubs families in the Keys.”
Items needed are:
- Bug Spray
- Diapers and Baby products
- Hygiene products
- Non-perishable food, easily opened
- Clothes and shoes for children and teenagers, pre-sorted please
Items also can be donated through Amazon and shipped to Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s Hank Kline Club. Click here to order from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/wedding/keys-relief-keys-relief-miami-october-2017/registry/18H8VSF1J3Y8
For faster delivery, donors may use their Prime accounts for two-day shipping.
Collection starts Monday, September 18, 2017 and will continue through Friday, October 13, 2017.
Hours are as follows:
- All Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade locations are open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is open Friday–Tuesday: 10am–6pm, Thursday: 10am–9pm and Wednesday: Closed
- Alorè Event Firm is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Durée & Company is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Hank Kline Club
2805 SW 32nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33133
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Kendall Club
9475 N Kendall Drive
Miami, FL 33176
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Northwest Club
10915 NW 14th Ave.
Miami, FL 33167
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, South Beach Club
1200 Michigan Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade, Gwen Cherry Club
7090 NW 22 Ave.
Miami, FL 33147
Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
1103 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33132.
Alorè Event Firm
16581 SW 117th Ave.
Miami, FL 33177
Duree & Company
10620 Griffin Road, Suite 208
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade
Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade has been serving youth in the community since 1940. What once was a single building and site for boys has grown to five Clubs serving thousands of boys and girls year round, providing programs in the areas of character and leadership development, educational enhancement, career preparation, health and life skills, cultural arts and sports, fitness and recreation. Club staffing, initiatives, and programs are designed to inspire and enable young people and provide them with the resources to succeed and share in the American Dream. For more information, please visitwww.bgcmia.org.