Mitch Bierman, an attorney at Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman member, moderated the HNTB THINK: Infrastructure Forum. HNTB’s THINK: Infrastructure forum is part of a national discussion series that brings together industry leaders and top infrastructure experts on a topics of critical importance. The Miami event focused on the region’s mobility challenges and opportunities for improving the Miami region’s complex transportation network with an eye toward economic development. Bierman is the immediate past chair of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Transportation & Infrastructure Committee and continues to serve as a community advocate for better mobility and economic development. He is managing shareholder of his firm’s Miami office.
Specific topics included:
· Implementing a holistic approach to mobility planning and implementation
· Advancing a vision for the future, while understanding and addressing issues of today
· The role of Uber, Lyft and autonomous vehicles in helping with destination connection challenges
· The role of Public Private Partnerships in delivering new service
· Growing opportunities for transit-oriented development
Bierman led a panel discussion with several impressive experts in the field including:
· Aileen Boucle—Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization, Executive Director
· Carlos Cruz Casas – Deputy Director, Miami-Dade Transportation
· Dave Howard—Brightline, Chief Executive Officer
· Javier Rodriguez—Miami-Dade Expressway, Executive Director
· Francis Suarez—City of Miami, Commissioner, District 4
Bierman handles government affairs and administrative law matters for major international companies in the transportation, environmental and solid waste, and engineering and construction industries. His work includes winning and negotiating large public contracts, public private partnerships, public infrastructure improvements and affordable housing developments as well as advocating for industry clients on public policy issues affecting their industries.
Bierman also chairs the firm’s Airports and Aviation Services Group which is a special practice in airport law representing airports and airport-related business including airlines, cargo carriers, car rental companies, airport concessionaires, consultants and construction and engineering firms. He previously served as an assistant Miami Dade County Attorney and as a Federal judicial Law Clerk.
About Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman
Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman P.L. is a prominent South Florida law firm serving corporate, governmental and individual clients with an integrated array of professional services including commercial litigation, land-use and real estate law, communications and cable law, labor and employment law, government law and governmental relations. The firm has offices in Coral Gables and Ft. Lauderdale. For more information, visit www.wsh-law.com.